Technical Sales Manager
As part of our continued growth and expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Sales Manager to join our UK team.
This dynamic role is focused on developing new business opportunities across a range of engineering businesses and industries from aerospace, automotive, manufacturing, nuclear, defence and a range of others. As part of the small UK team we are looking for a unique character, who is keen to grow with the business and thrives off finding and winning new business. We are looking for an individual with the ability to research prospective clients, network across their business and uncover new potential revenue streams for our manufacturing capabilities. Depending on your location within the UK, for the right candidate, the position could possibly be home based to include regular visits to the Preston office on an agreed basis.
Established in 1930, Franke have been supplying OEM Machine Design and Build companies throughout the UK and Ireland with Linear and Rotary bearing systems for over 70 years. Franke design and manufacture bespoke rotary and linear lightweight bearings, wire race bearings, linear motion systems and 3D printed bearings.
As part of the Franke Group, with headquarters in Germany, we are the inventor of the Wire Race Bearing and a global technology leader in the development and production of lightweight motion systems. The UK office based in Preston, Lancashire are the sole Franke consultants in UK and Ireland, with many of our products stocked at our UK facility shipped daily to all parts of the country.
Scope of the Technical Sales Manager:
This role is a combination of both office and field based and you will be required to manage and develop an existing portfolio of accounts, as well as developing new business on a day to day basis.
- To be successful in this role you will need to have a strategic approach, to ensure the Franke UK business meets and exceeds its planned revenue and profits.
- Develop and expand the customer base with new and lapsed accounts to ensure the UK business has exposure to all available market sectors.
- Ensure you have direct and close relationships with all customers.
- Generate and follow up all sales leads in a timely manner.
- Ensure that you keep a weekly call planner and call reports.
- Produce weekly & monthly sales reports on current activities and attend regular UK and Germany HQ meetings when requested.
Essential skills for this role:
- A minimum of 3 years technical sales experience that demonstrates a mixture of prospecting and client visits.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Results driven individual with the passion and drive to exceed targets.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent time management, planning & organising skills to ensure efficient and effective daily activities.
- Competent IT user (on Microsoft Packages).
- Comfortable with travel and overnight stays when needed.
- Knowledge or experience in engineering industry, ideally in bearings manufacture.
Responsibilities will include:
- Establish and grow the Franke business in the UK in line with the business strategy.
- Work collaboratively with the Managing Director and the German team to promote Franke to Engineering teams across a range of industries in the UK.
- Deliver profitable growth, through development of orders from both new and existing customers, with equal focus on both account management and project management.
- The ability to read drawings and understand engineering process
- The ability to sell the solution, not the process and build long-term relationships
- Territory planning and customer management experience
- Be able to present
- Be a good team player who is able to build relationships both internally and externally
As part of the small UK Franke team the Sales Manager will report directly to the Managing Director. For more information or to apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive we are unfortunately unable to respond to each applicant individually, therefore if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has not been successful.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE